My Photo
Name:

This blog will allow you to gain rare insight into travelling with Tucan that can't be found in any guidebook or information sheet. Discover what it's really like on board one of our tours and enjoy the real, unique adventures of our travellers. On this blog you can leave a comment, ask the blogger a question or merely peruse the musings!

Friday, February 03, 2006

Merida

Here I am in Merida. I’ve just had five days of a beach hit followed by a massive dose of ruins, which, famous as they are, lived up to all my expectations. The ruins came alive with the guides’ descriptions of the intricacies of Mayan history and culture. Admittedly, I wasn’t sure I was going to be interested in all the ruins as we went around, but so far so good. But now I’m in Merida, which is a beautiful Mexican city (the white city so I’ve heard), and all the old Spanish architecture, classic Spanish pot plants on the verandas, archways, stain work, etc is all very beautiful. I did a free city tour this morning (which the uni students take to practice their English) and learning about the history of the town was amazing – now I feel justified to sloth around and go partying tonight!!

Oh also – this is THE place in the world to buy hammocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home