My Photo
Name:

This blog will allow you to gain rare insight into travelling with Tucan that can't be found in any guidebook or information sheet. Discover what it's really like on board one of our tours and enjoy the real, unique adventures of our travellers. On this blog you can leave a comment, ask the blogger a question or merely peruse the musings!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Rio Dulce - Livingston - Tikal

Phew! Haven’t seen an internet café because I’ve been too busy, but I have so many adventures to share from the last few days, so I thought I’d give you a quick run down. Couldn’t believe the hotel at Rio Dulce – it was a resort, complete with swimming pool and restaurant on an island in the middle of the river. Our cabins overlooked the water and you could watch the local river life. I had to drag myself away from there the next day but I’m glad I did! For the most awesome seafood soup you could imagine! It is the traditional dish, if you can ever venture as far as Livingston. The Livingston boat journey we took was a highlight, as it was all wetlands, waterlilies, and we saw monkeys, birds and other wildlife on the way in. We wandered around the village, had lunch and took the boat trip back.

Flores was the base for our excursion to Tikal and my first Mayan ruins, so I was very excited in no way disappointed. We had our local guide, Enrique, whose ability not to bore us with too much history, complimented by great English and a great sense of humour, got me hooked on the ruins and hoping that the rest of them on the tour will be as good. I was even able to climb up a couple of the ancient Mayan pyramids!

Anyway am feeling rather exhausted so that’s it for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home